Friday, September 10, 2004

The uterus...

...is the most important organ in a woman's body. That is close to the title of the essay I am going to write someday when I get my shit together. (the road to hell is paved with that statement for sure)
Anyway, I am disheartened that rather than elevate the status of women for their unique, feminine qualities, the modern feminist movement seems to have devalued men for their unique, masculine qualities. Instead of teaching girls & women to value themselves as female individuals, it teaches them to value themselves as males- or by that scale, at least.
I have daughters, and one son. I do not care to deny my son's inherent value just to keep my daughters from feeling left out or left behind. While I see at least one of my daughters becoming a ceo who makes Trump & Helmsley look like wusses, and the other as Surgeon General one day, I am also trying to teach them that their potential to multitask, as well as bear children, nuture them, and empathize also make them valuable- not that they can do exactly what men do. Maybe they can, but so what? So can a million guys.
I want my daughters to know their value as women, not as men with better looking genitalia. (No offense, son.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Veruka Salt said...

You can thank Title X for that.

Cause all women need to look like either
1 - big breasted strippers
2 - juiced up dykes.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Sara Thomas said...

Don't even get me started. Why do women have to become a parady of a woman in order to feel more like a woman? Or, become (like) a guy to feel like a worthwhile woman?

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home