Friday, November 05, 2004

Easing off the language a bit.

I may ease up on my salty language in this blog. This has been a nice outlet for me, but too many "f*** yous" is getting old, even for me.

I had a little trouble, as I started this blog, deciding how to pursue it. The blogs I'd checked out in preparation of starting my own that read like personal diaries were, for the most part, boring. Besides, I didn't feel that anyone else really needed to know more of what is in the mess I call my mind.

I found a few that seemed to be verbal explorations, musings on the author's topic- their spiritual development, their first year of marriage, college, baby's life, whatever. Slightly more interesting but some actually made me uncomfortable- like I was prying or peeking into their windows.

I decided to rant, just write on what was on my mind. It also took a little practice to get used to writing for a theoretical audience.

Now that some time has passed, I as a reader of my own blog am getting sick of what is beginning to sound like gratuitous cussing.

With a ladylike shrug and eyes cast demurely downward, I apologize to those I may have offended.

Spouse, stop laughing, you'll shoot beer out your nose.

2 Comments:

Blogger A Red Mind in a Blue State said...

Cussin' used to be called "salty" language. And salt, like any other spice, greatly increases the flavor of food, but only when used in moderation. As a reader, I certainly have taken no offense, and have enjoyed your postings a great deal. Whatever makes you comfortable-- just keep those rants coming!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Chris of Dangerous Logic said...

Yeah, but sometimes the language just fits.

I'm thinking specificially of your 'Beer & Popcorn' post.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home