Friday, November 05, 2004

Picking them off, one by one.

It is beginning to dawn on me that 9/11 was a bigger coup for the terrorists than I'd originally thought.

The bloody horrific murder of Dutch filmaker Theo Van Gogh has opened my eyes to the reality of a global hit list. One-off killing takes extra time and energy, sure, but can be just as effective in arousing perceived enemies as a mass murder can. More on this can be found here.

So, I may be extremely late to realize this, but I have chills nonetheless as I contemplate the consuming hatred and determination behind it that it must take to commit to one by one murdering of one's enemies, and the coerced conversion of those who surrender.

I will go to my grave an unapologetic American, an unapologetic Christian. They can shock me, but they will not scare me into pretending I am anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home