Friday, January 21, 2005

Why Hilary?

I'm back in school. Night class, one at a time, after *mumble mumble ahem* years.

Last week the discussion came around to whether a woman would be able to run for president (or be elected, I can't remember) in our lifetimes. Three of the four black women in the class said yes, Hilary Clinton. Professor asked about Condoleezza Rice. They said no, she's too much of a yes-person. She's too passive, they said. Hilary was *the girl* the one who could do it.

Huh? Let's just say that I was the fourth. Even the white women in the class didn't register as vocally or as vehemently in support of Hilary Clinton. None of the guys, multiracial group, said much.

I don't think that a woman will be elected to the office of president in my lifetime. I don't think Hilary Clinton could do it, either way.
I don't think that blacks should just blindly support other blacks, high profile positions or not, but I really didn't get where that opinion came from.

4 Comments:

Blogger Martyr73 said...

The Dems line for any High-Ranking Republican Official that happens to be a minority is "He/she is nothing but a yes person". Especially if that person is supported by Dubya. Yet, the Dems claim to be pro-minority...It just appears to me that they are doing more harm than good. Too much race-baiting and not enough truthful debate.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I'd vote for Condi over Hillary any day. At least Condi hasn't let some philandering husband walk all over her.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Sara Thomas said...

I keep telling them to get off my side...

6:01 PM  
Blogger WarWagon said...

That's a real shame because I think Condi would make a great president!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home