Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The thing is, I can accept death.

Absolutely, I can accept it. Otherwise I might not be able to function in a world where people beat babies to death with a stick. Or pay someone to suck them out of their mothers with a tube.

Anyway, I am not horrified by the Terri Schiavo case because I can't accept the fact of her eventual death. Of course I can.

I am horrified, but not terribly surprised, that so many people in the position to affect the case think that a feeding tube, Ensure, and TPN are 'extraordinary measures.' (I don't know that she actually receives Ensure or TPN. Both can be given to persons with feeding or nutrition problems.)

I am especially nauseated by the thought that some think that brain damage = terminal illness. That poor woman isn't dying of some organic disease. She's brain damaged.

Since when is swallowing a lower function than breathing? Or a heartbeat?

1 Comments:

Blogger the Logic Monkey said...

I'm shocked at the viciousness of the left's attitude towards Terri. On the other hand, just let 'em keep taking- they will further expose who they really are.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home