Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Corroborative evidence.

We got this from a source who's usually very reliable.

So what? So you didn't bother to corroborate the story? To check the alleged facts?

Rob at Roborant had something to say on this, as did Tony at A Red Mind. (I only checked with those two, I am certain that many around the larger blog world were as disgusted with the whole sorry mess Newsweek started as I).

I hope this does not become a matter of "any publicity..." I'd like to see Newsweek (which I always thought pretty much sucked) lose some advertisers. They never really had to worry about losing me as a reader. When I've had to chose between Fly Fishing Monthly & Newsweek in the waiting room, I've checked out the ads for hip waders.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

I don't think the "any publicity is good publicity" idea was ever valid. I direct you to the President of Wendy's for comment.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Sara Thomas said...

You are right. There's nothing like a severed fingertip to dampen one's enthusiasm for murky bean soup.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home