Sunday, August 14, 2005

Not guilty, just pleasure...

And no, I'm not referring to that. This is a family blog. Well, it is if your family is a bunch of foul-mouthed blowhards.

Anyway.

I quit my job a little over a month ago & then had a several week break between classes so I've had the time & brain space to read! Books! And not ones from the reference section!!

I read The Happiness Code by Amy Herrick over a long weekend at the lake & it was a perfect read for that kind of time. Definately chick lit, but well written (which is all too often a rare treat in popular fiction these days) and enjoyable.

I just finished reading The Truth About Hillary by Edward Klein & that was a dirty little treat of its own. I even learned a new phrase... "political lesbianism." I'm fascinated by that phrase & I intend to try to use it as much as possible in the coming months.

Can't wait til those PTA meetings start up again.

7 Comments:

Blogger stevie.be. said...

lol i liked this post and your way with humor :) good luck at those pta's!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Gareth said...

Hi Sara. I hit the next blog button and came across your blog. Just wanted to say hi, so "hi". Assuming that Thomas is your real name then we have that in common. Do you have Welsh ancestry? Thomas is very popular in Wales. You also have a great blog. Keep blogging.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Orendon said...

Thanks for the excellent Blog site you've provided.
To Those Who Want Advise and Information About Car Lease.
Check This Out For Car Lease

12:29 PM  
Blogger Basf Willy lol said...

Troop blogs give a firsthand view of the war in Iraq
There were no reporters riding shotgun on the highway north of Baghdad when a roadside bomb sent Sgt.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a programy site/blog. It pretty much covers programy related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

12:48 PM  
Blogger Sara Thomas said...

Hi Gareth,
You're so sweet, but no, I'm not of Welsh ancestry though spouse is, I think. Welsh is English right?
I've got an archived post or two that speak to my interestingly blended family... and I suppose my ancestors may have had owners of Welsh ancestry. Is 'Smith' Welsh?
Sara

12:36 PM  
Blogger Gareth said...

Hi again. Umm no Welsh is not English (they are both British countries though). If I was you I wouldn't let any Welsh person (including your husband) hear you call them English, lol. That is an absolute no no. Smith is not Welsh, it's English. I am concluding that Geography isn't one of your stronger subjects. It was really nice of you to comment on my post to you. Thankyou.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Sara Thomas said...

You are right, Gareth, as spouse ever so patiently clarified for me (probably not for the first time, either) a few days ago!

And yes, geography is a huge blank spot in my education. I rely on my children for that perspective and though they grow weary of my constant questions, I consider it my duty as a parent to use my ignorance to further their studies.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home