Friday, January 06, 2006

"Support Our Troops-My sergeant Uncle"

My 11 year old daughter wrote this essay for a language arts assignment:

"My uncle is a sergeant in the National Guard. I admire him for this. He's been deployed once; he went to Kosovo, in Serbia. Now he's training to go to Iraq. I missed him when he was in Kosovo. I miss him as he's training, and I'll miss him when he's in Iraq.

When my uncle is away with the National Guard, I'm sad and I miss him because I don't know how he is (and when he's training I probably don't know where he is). He emails, and sends pictures, but that's not the same. I want to see him in person, not on the computer.

About my uncle's deployment, he's been deployed in Kosovo, Serbia. In training for this, he was mostly at Fort Stewart, Georgia. He was training for an estimated six months. He was in Kosovo for about seven months.

As for Iraq, he'll be training for another three months. He has been training for about four months already. My uncle's training has mostly been at Fort Shelby, Mississippi. He'll be in Iraq for another 12 months.

My family all knows where he's going. We also know that he's going to be okay, and he wants to do what he's doing. I will pray for my uncle everyday; I'll pray for his safe return. I'll know that he is in safe hands. I will send lots of cards to him and others at his station. I'll also send useful and decorative things. I'll show lots of love in what I send. I will show that I support my uncle completely.

The rest of my family and I are very proud of my uncle. He is a great soldier; he is a great person.

To add to my pride in my uncle, I know that when he's away with the National Guard he's fighting as a representative of our country. He's representing the United States of America; he's representing my best friend; he's representing my neighbor; and he's representing me, as are all the soldiers out there fighting in the United States Army."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home